Dean Walch fine arts home projects artomat statement shows press faq shop contact fan page

How do you make your photographs?

My images are created using a pair of photographs, with an image for the left and right eyes. The two images are then combined via a computer (using Photoshop®) to create the final single

What kind of cameras do you use?

Most of my early images, including all the images for Pike Place Mark, were shot with two 1-magapixel digital 'toy' cameras (approximately the size of a pack of gum each). I build rigs that mount the cameras side-by- side at approximately the same distance as your eyes. The rigs include a bubble-level on back to aid in keeping shots in-line.

Do you sell you cameras/rigs?

Not at the moment. However, if you are interested, please contact me and I'll let you know if they become available.

How long have you been making 3D images?

I started getting involved in stereo photography as I was finishing college (1994).

Where can I purchase your artwork?

Currently, you can buy my images and books at the galleries listed on my information page. I am also in the process of adding an online store to my website. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information.

Where can I learn more about making 3D photographs?

Here are a few links to help you get started. Feel free to email me if you have questions.